0040: Plan for the next few weeks
Hi future Paweł!
This note is a kind of letter to the future me and all my minions 🙂
I worked out a plan of new features and procedures that should be implemented. Don’t proceed further before you take care of stuff listed below.
Before check in current changes:
Correct/complete comments for the classes/methods. Create new tab in the Main Menu – Test Tools. Put CollectionManager/Create Settings File/Create Huge Test Db into TestTools tab.
After code’s checked in:
- Check all TODOs and fix/remove them.
- Take care of the performance related with huge database.
- Check the code with FX Cop.
- Take care of proper branching in the SVN. I think that we should create new branch – “developer’s branch” and do check ins on it only. Main branch should exist parallelly and be updated only when some important, stable functionality is added.
- All strings must be moved to resources!
New procedures to be considered:
- Comments to the procedure/class should be added right after item was created.
- All TODOs should be fixed/removed before check in.
- Before every check in all strings must be moved to resources.
- Before every check in unused/commented code must be removed.
- Some kind of “road map” should be created(?)
When something will dawn on me, I will certainly update this post.